Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z240 Tower Y3Y78EA#ACB
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and older

Hi!

I cannot change base driver for graphics from Microsoft in my Z240 Tower.

HP support advice me  driver's package for Windows 8.1 64b: SP101730.

But when I try install this package OS  interrupted process and say me "hardware don't fit minimal requirements for driver".

I found new version BIOS today for my station, but did not change it until.

Should I update BIOS for resolve graphics problem?

Thank''s

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

If you have not deleted the driver folder that was created when you ran the file...

Go to the device manager.  Click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Microsoft basic display adapter.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer,' click on Have Disk, and browse to the location of the driver folder which will be:

C:\SWSetup\sp101730\Graphics\igdlh64 (setup information file), click on Next, and see if the driver installs that way.

It may take a while for the driver to install.

When it has completed, restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul!

I did it many time!

Result always the same ☹️  

When open window after C:\SWSetup\sp101730\Graphics\igdlh64 with  adapter's  list I don't see HD630 in this list.

This is reason of  problem I think.

HP Recommended

I checked the Intel site and the problem you are having is that there are only W10 graphics drivers for the Intel HD 630.

So that is why the HD 630 isn't showing up with the W8.1 driver.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W10 driver.

You probably need Windows Server 2016, but I suppose you have nothing to lose by trying it.

Download the zip file version, and browse to the iigd_dch (setup information file).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29616/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=98909

HP Recommended

OK Paul!

I'll try your idea tomorrow .

Thank you very much for help! 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If that doesn't work, you could always buy a cheap graphics card that has W8.1 drivers, or drivers for Windows Server 2012 R2.

Nvidia should have several cards that would work, such as the NVS 310.   I see Windows 2012 R2 server drivers for it on the Nvidia website.

https://www.ebay.com/i/233603731314?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid...

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us&ncid=afm-chs-44270&ranMID=44270&ranEAID=msYS1N...

HP Recommended

Hi Paul!

Unfortunately, Your idea about DCH driver for W10 don't working.

I found in my table old graphic card from MSI ""N620GT and download some drivers from NVIDIA.

But  this card has only PCIe version N2 ☹️

I guess for monitor Z24nf (max resolution1920*1200) this card will be enough.

One of server's tasks display static images without video.

HP Recommended

I guess it will have to do.

I didn't think the W10 driver would work on W8.1, but you had to give it a try.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul!

Excuse me, but  my Z240 tower don't wish install additional graphics cards.

First model: N620GT from MSI

Second card: ASUS EAX1300PRO

I guess this cards similar NVS 310.

The main boards said "3/3". 3 red long flash and 3 BEEP/3 white short flash and 3 BEEP.

That means:"The embedded controller has timed out waiting for BIOS to return from graphics initialization."

Indeed, all cards are working well inside another computer.

I tried change speed of the PCIe slots and in System Option change parameter ""Early  PCIe Delay"" but I don't had result until.

Only 3/3 BEEEEEEP!!!

HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to make sure that you have disabled secure boot disabled in the BIOS.

On PC's that came with W8.1 or W10, normally secure boot is enabled, and that prevents any graphics card from working that was not offered as an optional card with your model workstation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.