Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My dad recently gave me his old monitor HP w2007 monitor. I remember it working well. I plugged it into my xbox through an hdmi to dvi adapter all works well except for the fact that it is extremely low quality. It tells me that the recommended setting are 1680x1050 and that I only have 640x480. Hopefully someone can help me change it.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You can't change the resolution on the monitor itself, it will need to be changed through the xbox, if that's at all possible. You'll need to google that one. Normally the xbox will auto detect the native resolution of the screen that's plugged into it. Normally you'd have  HDMI on both ends, so I suspect the HDMI to DVI adapter is interfering.

HP Recommended

I'm pretty sure that I've tried everything on my xbox but I'll check later. Thanks for the help nonetheless!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.