Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP envy 24-n010xt DT Bulldozer-4GL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I took the cover off as the computer was not showing anything on the screen.  I re-seated the RAM and replaced the battery and now the computer shows on the monitor but it is fuzzy.  I hooked it up to an HDMI monitor TV and it is clear on the TV.  This just all of a sudden happened two days ago when the monitor just went black.  

I was going to take it to a HP repair but fear of going anywhere due to virus, I decided to go online to see if anyone else can help me.

As of today, at least I was able to get to the screen and move all the documents to one drive in the event of a total crash.

I ran the HP diagnostics and it found no issues.

Hope someone can assist me.

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Raph2020 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the HP envy 24-n010xt and monitor is fuzzy and showing flickering,

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, 

If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure and you will need to Contact HP to replace or repair the LCD, 

However, if it doesn't show up in the BIOS, it would confirm a software issue and we'll need to reinstall or update the display drivers using the Official HP Website: Click here. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Prior to the bios screen coming up, the screen is fuzzy but once I enter the bios it is clear.  I also had to change the my display to technicolor.  The screen is not fuzzy any longer with that change except for the power up.  Once the main screen comes up, there is no fuzziness.

Do I need to concern myself with the fuzziness on boot prior to logon screen.  See screenshot

2020-04-17 (2).png

HP Recommended

@Raph2020

As you have stated that after changing the setting you are not getting fuzzy. Also, there is no fuzzy in the BIOS.

I would request you observe for 2-3 days. If the issue still persists, please update the graphics drivers and BIOS.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.