Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended

I was wondering how do I switch to the hdmi on my hp all in one desktop

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Jayp6,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To switch to HDMI on your HP all-in-one desktop, follow these steps.

Check HDMI Connection: Make sure you have connected the HDMI cable between your HP all-in-one desktop and the HDMI device you want to use, such as a monitor, TV, or projector.

Turn On Devices: Ensure both your HP all-in-one desktop and the HDMI device are turned on and powered up.

Select Input Source: On your HDMI device (monitor, TV, or projector), use its remote control or physical buttons to select the input source corresponding to the HDMI port you connected your HP all-in-one desktop to. This is usually done by pressing a button labeled "Input," "Source," "AV," "TV/Video," or something similar on the device's remote or control panel. Use the arrow keys or navigation buttons to select the HDMI input.

Check HP All-in-One: Your HP all-in-one desktop should automatically detect the HDMI connection and start outputting its display to the HDMI device. If you don't see anything on the HDMI screen, it's possible that the desktop might not be set to duplicate or extend the display. In this case, you can adjust the display settings.

Adjust Display Settings (Optional): If the HDMI display isn't showing what you expect, you can adjust the display settings on your HP all-in-one desktop. Here's how to do it:

a. Right-click on the desktop and select "Display settings" from the context menu. 

b. In the Display settings window, you'll see multiple display icons representing your connected screens. If the HDMI device is recognized, you should see it listed there. 

c. Make sure the "Extend" or "Duplicate" option is selected, depending on your preference. 

d. You can also click on the "Identify" button to see which display is labeled as "1" or "2," which can help you arrange them correctly.

Restart if Needed: In some cases, especially if you've just connected the HDMI cable, you may need to restart your HP all-in-one desktop for it to recognize the HDMI connection properly.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.