Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550-153w Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The day before yesterday, my computer crashed. In other words, it displayed a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) while I was logging out and shutting it down. I submitted a thread to www.tenforums.com and I uploaded the dump file to the thread, and 2 members of the forum is saying that my display driver is the culprit of the crash or BSOD. One member said to find an updated driver on the Intel site since HP doesn't have an updated version other than the one I am running now. Another member said that the driver might be corrupt and to download a new version or the same one but a fresh copy. I have been unable to find a site where I can find an updated driver or fresh copy other than HP. I have attached the thread from Ten Forums in this post.

https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/128814-bsod-happened-when-logging-out-shutting-down...

I hope someone can help me out with this as soon as possible.

Thanks, Jesse Williams

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Jesse:

Here is the link to the latest graphics driver from Intel...

Version: 15.40.41.5058 (Latest)    Date: 9/18/2018

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28163/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=814...

You usually have to manually update the driver as follows because the auto install method may error out saying to use the driver from the manufacturer's website.

Here is how I bypass that gatekeeper...

Download and save the zip file version from the above link.

Unzip the file to its folder.

Go to the device manager, click to expand the display adapters device manager category.

Click on the Intel HD graphic adapter.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to the unzipped graphics driver folder>Graphics>igdlh64 (setup information file), click Next and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Thanks! We shall see if this works.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.