Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

First Post. Good Morning, all.  For the past 5 days at shutdown I have received update 1 of 1 which is an attempt to update "Intel Corporation driver update for Intel HD Graphics 4600" driver. It has failed each day. I have not noted any problems during the normal daily operation.  It is only at shutdown that Update 1 of 1 is attempted. I have not attempted a manual request for a download assuming it will generate the same result. I have not updated to Windows 10 and have turned off attempts to do so. Any suggestions appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Photon713, welcome to the forum.

I have had this same problem recently with Win 10.  I simply go into Windows Update and remove the update.  It will come back sooner or later and install, but in the meantime I am not getting a request to install it.  You might give this a try to see what happens.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Photon713, welcome to the forum.

I have had this same problem recently with Win 10.  I simply go into Windows Update and remove the update.  It will come back sooner or later and install, but in the meantime I am not getting a request to install it.  You might give this a try to see what happens.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank You,

My issue was with Windows 7, but, your suggestion has eliminated the shutdown attempt to run the erroneous update. That problem has been resolved.  As you mentioned, it may return, but, I now have a solution...Thanks

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Photon713.  I realized the your problem was with Win 7, but I knew that the solution would be the same as Win 10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.