Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-cf0006nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Notebook - 14-cf0006nx, I have recently started having a problem with the Intel UHD Graphics 620 drive. The issue is  when i try to connect my laptop to the TV using HDMI/DVI I don't even hear the connection sound that windows 10 make when connecting an external device and my laptop screen goes black but no image is displayed on the TV screen and no audio, it was working before but then just suddenly stopped.  I am currently using Windows 10 64 bit version (1909) before i was on latest windows version Windows 10 64 bit version (2004). 

The steps that i have made for trying to solve the problem are:

1- Installed the latest manufacturer update for the display driver intended for my laptop still no success

2- Done a a complete fresh install of another version of windows from windows 10 64 bit version (2004) to Windows 10 64 bit version (1909) but no luck.

3- Installed the latest Intel intel drivers i tried most of the drivers on the intel graphics site and still no success.

4- I have tried installing the latest intel beta version for Intel UHD Graphics 620, the screen was displayed but after a restart the problem went back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you KrazyToad for your reply and i have already installed Intel Support Assistance tool and updated the graphics driver from the Intel Support Assistance and installed the latest intel driver for my chipset that suits my windows version and that did not seem to solve the problem ... i have already given the laptop to an IT guy, so I will see what he will say, so i think I should end this post here. 

Thank you so much for your efforts and help. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Lif3r Here's what you need to do, to identify the issue and resolve it accordingly:

• If not done already, check if it works fine on the BIOS screen to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue:
    • If it works fine on the BIOS (Accessed while tapping F10 during a restart) it's a software issue & I suggest attaching an alternate monitor to your device and creating a new user account to check if that works better, for starters)
    • However, if it doesn't work within the BIOS either, I'm afraid it's a hardware malfunction.

While you respond to that, I have a few more steps that should help: 

Perform a power reset (no data loss) using these steps: Click here, proceed to next step if this works

Attempt to run a test from the HP hardware diagnostic tool, using this link: Click here for details.

If the issue appears on the diagnostics, it could again, determine a hardware failure,

If they don't appear on bios & the hardware tests passed: please update the BIOS & Chip-set drivers from the HP website using this link: Click here

if the issue persists, reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue,
use this link for details on performing the recovery: Click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you so much Riddle_Decipher for the reply, yes I tried entering the BIOS with the HDMI already connected unfortunately did not work, also tried the hard rest solution that as well did not work, I also tried to run the "HP hardware diagnostic tool" twice and nothing was listed as a warning that mentions a hardware malfunction. I have also tried doing a fresh install of windows and that did not seem to do the trick, I have also updated the BIOS through "Device Manger" on windows.The thing is when I connect the HDMI i don't hear the connection sound but when I  change the projection mode to "second screen only" the laptop screen goes black and then when I switch to "duplicate" projection mode and then go to display settings from desktop and then advanced display settings I can see that it recognizes the TV and its name is listed there, so I'm wondering if it is a hardware malfunction should it not recognize the TV at all?

HP Recommended

@Lif3r

Please download and run the Intel Download & Support Assistance and check if that helps

Link: https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/support/detect.html

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you KrazyToad for your reply and i have already installed Intel Support Assistance tool and updated the graphics driver from the Intel Support Assistance and installed the latest intel driver for my chipset that suits my windows version and that did not seem to solve the problem ... i have already given the laptop to an IT guy, so I will see what he will say, so i think I should end this post here. 

Thank you so much for your efforts and help. 

HP Recommended

@Lif3r I'm glad you've got that sorted,

Have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.