Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY Desktop 750-175se CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The only thing listed is the gtx 970 GPU.  There is no intel adapter.  I have tried installing the Intel Graphics Driver (v.10.18.15.4271) from the downloads section but when installing the following error message pops up:

"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

Anyone have any fixes?  Do I have a H/W failure on my MoBo?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I ended up doing a clean Win 10 install, installed the Support Assistant and installed whatever drivers it found.

Now I have a very long bootr time (i.e., 2+ minutes).

I reinstalled the bios and set it to defulat settings but this was no help.  All drivers are up to date, Windows is up to date.

This NVMe drive was working perfectly fine before the re-installation of Windows.  Any ideas as to waht might be the casue of the extrmemly long boot times?

Thanks in advance.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi! @boidsonly, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand When you install the graphics driver on your PC you are getting an error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software".

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

First, try updating the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to update the BIOS.

Try the steps recommended below.

Uninstall the graphics drivers from device manager and install HP support assistant on your PC, It should find the best and latest drivers for your PC.

Use the following steps to open HP Support Assistant.
In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant.
Use the following steps to check for HP updates.
Click My devices on the top of the HP Support Assistant window, and then click Updates in the window for your device.
If HP Support Assistant detects updates, a list of updates displays in the Updates available window.
To check for recent updates, click Check for updates and messages.
HP Support Assistant connects to the HP servers and performs the following actions:
Downloads messages and updates
Gathers configuration information
Analyzes your computer system
Prepares an action list
If HP Support Assistant finds updates, they display in the Updates available window.
To postpone or delete a current update, use the following steps.
Next, to the message you want to postpone, click Remind me.
Select Tomorrow, One week, or One month, depending on when you want to be reminded.
To delete an update, click next to the update.
To install the update now, click the Install now icon () next to the update.
To review completed and postponed actions, scroll down to the Action log section.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists try updating the graphics driver on your PC using HP recovery manager.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using HP recovery manager.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query! 
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I ended up doing a clean Win 10 install, installed the Support Assistant and installed whatever drivers it found.

Now I have a very long bootr time (i.e., 2+ minutes).

I reinstalled the bios and set it to defulat settings but this was no help.  All drivers are up to date, Windows is up to date.

This NVMe drive was working perfectly fine before the re-installation of Windows.  Any ideas as to waht might be the casue of the extrmemly long boot times?

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Greetings @boidsonly, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. 

Open Settings from the Windows menu. 

Select System and then select Power and Sleep. 

Then select Additional power settings. 

Click “Choose what the power buttons do” on the left side of the window.

Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”

Under “Shutdown settings” make sure “Turn on fast startup” is disabled.

Did you restore the BIOS settings on your computer?

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No change in boot times.  Still 3+ minutes....

The Bios was reset to default settings after the installation.

I also performed a DISM.exe and it found no problems, as well as SFC.  Again, no problems.

Pretty much out of ideas at this point.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. 

Open File Explorer.

Right-click on the C drive and select properties. 

Select disk cleanup. 

Clean up system files. 

Select all the options and click Ok. 

Also, on the general tab on properties, uncheck the option on the botton that says "Allow files on this drive to be indexed."

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Completed both but no change in the boot time...

Thanks for the tips so far.

HP Recommended

@boidsonly, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Disable Fast Boot

Open the Start Menu and type Power Options to get to the Power menu, then click Choose what the power buttons do in the left panel. You’ll need to provide administrator permission to change the settings on this page, so click the text at the top of the screen that reads Change settings that are currently unavailable.
Now, untick Turn on fast startup (recommended) and Save Changes to disable this setting. Note that restarting your computer isn’t affected by this feature.

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I made that change yesterday-it had no affect on the extremely long boot times.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

@boidsonly, Thanks for your quick response and time.

In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Then click Yes.
In Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow. Make sure to include the space between sfc and the /.
Press Enter and wait while System File Checker scans for corrupted files.
When scanning is complete, the results are displayed on the screen.
If the file checker found and replaced any corrupted files, restart the computer and check the performance.
If the file checker did not find any corrupted files or found corrupted files but could not replace them, go to the next step.
If System File Checker finds corrupted files but cannot replace them, use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. DISM checks the corrupted files; then downloads and replaces the files using Windows Update.
In Windows, open a web browser.
   NOTE:
You need to be connected to the Internet to use DISM.
In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Then click Yes.
In Command Prompt, type dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Make sure to include the space before each / in the command line.
Press Enter and wait while DISM works. This might take several minutes.
If DISM finds corrupted files, it replaces them using Windows Update. If this occurs, after DISM is finished, restart your computer and see if the performance has improved.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot lock up or freezing issues with PC.

If the issue still persists try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware on your laptop is functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.