Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 32 Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On a HP Spectre 32 with built in speakers, is there a way to keep the speakers on when the monitor goes into sleep mode?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @LANSystems,

Good day. May the forums welcome you! Smiley Happy Hope you are doing well. Smiley Happy  I understand that you require information on how to retain audio when monitor sleeps. I will be delighted to assist you. Smiley Happy 

Great observations.  Superb diagnosis of the issue as well before posting. Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy You are a privileged HP customer and we value your relationship with HP greatly.  It is a genuine pleasure to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

• The monitor is a standalone product that has built in speakers. So when the monitor goes to sleep, then the audio also gets disabled as the monitor has no functionality at that time.
  • There is no windows audio or HDMI setting that can enable audio for the monitor.
  • Also, the monitor enters a very low power state in sleep mode and there is not enough output or power to enable audio on the monitor.

The monitor user guide link is included: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04677387 Please check page 26 for low power state in sleep mode.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

Happy holidays to you and your family. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @LANSystems,

Good day. May the forums welcome you! Smiley Happy Hope you are doing well. Smiley Happy  I understand that you require information on how to retain audio when monitor sleeps. I will be delighted to assist you. Smiley Happy 

Great observations.  Superb diagnosis of the issue as well before posting. Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy You are a privileged HP customer and we value your relationship with HP greatly.  It is a genuine pleasure to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

• The monitor is a standalone product that has built in speakers. So when the monitor goes to sleep, then the audio also gets disabled as the monitor has no functionality at that time.
  • There is no windows audio or HDMI setting that can enable audio for the monitor.
  • Also, the monitor enters a very low power state in sleep mode and there is not enough output or power to enable audio on the monitor.

The monitor user guide link is included: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04677387 Please check page 26 for low power state in sleep mode.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

Happy holidays to you and your family. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks David!  That's the information we needed.

Happy New Year,

Mary

HP Recommended

Hi @LANSystems,

Thank you for your super quick response and accepting this as a solution. It has been an absolute privilege to have shared this platform with you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

You take care now, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.