Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One PC 24-df0000a (7UH94AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I bought a brand new HP computer all-in-one 24000 about a month ago. I can browse the internet send emails but there are a couple of things that are bugging me so badly that I want to throw the bloody thing off a cliff.

1. I cant print a file using the print command. My HP printer 2130 deskjet is USB connected and I have downloaded the HPsmart app (Which seems to be only useful for printing PDF files.)  I am unable to print Open office files in the .odt format. (The deskjet does copy so I know the print side of things works).

2.  some of the keys are erratic, or apparently so. e.g. the 2 key should read @ in shift configuration but @ is read when the (") is pressed, sometimes.  The hash key sometimes reads# and sometimes shows a GBP (Pound) symbol. It's driving me nuts!  

I find it hard to believe its a keyboard fault but what else could it be?  As for the printing, well. I'm Just about ready to take a hammer to the whole setup!

Any help much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.