Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 27xw Monitor
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just recently purchased the HP 27xw from my local Costco Wholesale and so far I love it. But I do have one small issue I'd like to see if there's a work around for. I have plugged in both my PC (HDMI 1) and my XBox 360 (HDMI 2) into my monitor. But trying to "switch" bakc and forth between them is impossible due to the limitations of an on-screen switch found within the software on my PC. Is there a manual switch for this, perhaps located under the screen where the power button is? I can feel there are several buttons under there, but I don't want to press any of them for fear of screwing up something. Can anyone assist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the Source button which is next (left hand side) to the power ON/OFF button or OSD. They may help otherwise an auto HDMI switch can do the job very well.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the Source button which is next (left hand side) to the power ON/OFF button or OSD. They may help otherwise an auto HDMI switch can do the job very well.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you! Yes, this does work. Takes two presses to make the switch to HDMI 2, and then 4 to get it back to HDMI 1 ... but it works!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.