Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Monitor HP 24ea
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi there,

The monitor Hp 24ea was working well, I had to unplug the power supply for a while, then when riconnected, it doesn’t turn on again. I have tried to keep pushed the power button for 10 sec but nothing happened. No led is lighting. Everything is connected properly. 
Any possible solution? Is it possible I have broken the power unit just by disconnecting and riconnecting the power supply?

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ludegard
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Do the following items to prepare for troubleshooting:

• Turn off the computer.

• Disconnect all connected devices from the computer except the mouse, and keyboard. This includes removing thumb drives and camera-type memory cards.

• If the monitor has a detachable cable, obtain a second monitor cable for testing purposes.

Step 1: Checking the power

Step 2: Displaying a built-in on-screen message

Step 3: Fixing a bad video connection

Step 4: Testing the video connection

Step 5: Connecting the monitor to a different computer
Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-value-24-inch-displays/7274745/model/12781167/document/c0129... to complete the above troubleshooting steps. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer but your suggestions are very basic and of little use.

As I purchased this monitor less than one year an half ago, I thought to leverage the warranty (which has to be guaranteed by law for two years in all the European Countries) but, checking on this website, I was surprised to find out that it's already expired and I need to pay in advance to get your remote support.

Fortunately, I had bought this monitor through Amazon and in less than 24 hours, just placing a call, I got back my money and the new monitor that I've subsequently purchased was delivered the day after.

Long story short, in two days I've got a standard useless answer from you, while in one day Amazon solved the problem brilliantly.
And I'm still wondering why the warranty was already expired...

Cheers

IMG_1511.jpg

HP Recommended

@Ludegard

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.