09-18-2017 11:12 PM
The screen goes black and the Monitor Status message appears at the top.
After a short period of time an Input Signal Not Found appears, This happens in a cyclic pattern, when I am using the computer; I have the screen for about 2 minutes, then I get the black screen for 30 to 40 seconds.
. I have tried the following things and it has made no difference
- Changed the HDMI Cable (the one that came with the monitor
- Changes to the VGA cable
- Uninstalled the HP My Display and reinstalled from the disc.
- Uninstalled the HP My Display and tried running the monitor without the software.
- Uninstalled the HP My Display and reinstalled from the internet.
- Reset facture default settings
- Went to HP support http://www.portrait.com/dtune/hpc/enu/index.html and down loaded Intel: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect this download a new utility Chip set which was an earlier set but installed them anyway.
- I have connected a windows 7 laptop
- Looked at various remedies on the web, “push and hold menu button to 20sec”, “turn power off and unplug, hold power button for 60 sec, reconnect power, reset factory default none worked
The HP My Display only seems to run in the advanced setting, when I click on the Basic button it is greyed out with a red circle. If I try to use the button menu I get “On Screen Menus are locked”
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-20-2017 12:44 PM
Welcome to HP Forums,
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂
As I understand you are getting the message - "monitor input signal not found",
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
Did you know holding the power button for 20 seconds or more either releases or locks the OSD menu?
Have you attempted to hold the button after receiving the message-"On Screen Menus are locked"?
Does the message appear on an alternate monitor?
While you respond to that, I recommend you check with another monitor and if the issue doesn't occur on the other monitor, follow the below steps:
These messages are normal when the computer truly goes into sleep mode or loses the video signal (such as when the computer is turned off). However, if the monitor displays any of these messages when the computer should be displaying video, something is wrong.
If you suspect the monitor should be displaying an image from the PC instead of the message, use one of the following sections that match how the monitor behaves after the computer is powered on:
- Windows opens, but after a while the monitor displays the message
- Startup screens display, but the message opens before the Windows desktop opens
- The message is the only item that displays on the screen
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
Keep me posted,
If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
09-21-2017 12:54 AM
Thanks for the response, I worked out how to log case with HP support on the internet, have spoken to then, they were extremely helpful. The monitor is being replaced.
Thanks you again
09-21-2017 10:42 AM
Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,
I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for,
Thanks for taking the time to update the community,
To thank me for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.
Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
10-31-2017 09:39 AM
I have two fairly new HP 25es monitors and am consistently having problems with them turning off/going to sleep. This is very disruptive during my work day and I'd appreciate help in fixing it.
Sometime it's both monitors and sometimes just one. I get the "Input Signal Not Found" error message followed by "check the video cable and video source" message. Monitor status then shows "inactive".
I've been through the steps laid out in this link - https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c00061509#c00061509_sleep but the problems are continuing.
Can someone offer some help please?