Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I tried to connect my HP Pavilion laptop with a monitor (AOC 24V2Q) through HDMI port - my laptop has no other port like DP or VGA.

Upon switching on, the monitor shows company's logo and then "No signal" info, no matter what I do with the options. However, the laptop can "see" the monitor, as it is in the device manager, screen options, graphic card options, etc.

So, for example, I can switch the display options to duplicate - and since the monitor is recognized as default one, all programs are not displayed on laptop. When I switch display option to 2nd monitor only, I get both screens black until I change it blindly with  keyboard shortcut.

What has been already done:

- checked the HDMI cable - it works with other laptop; other HDMI cable did not help
- checked the monitor - it works flawlessly with my older laptop

- checked other monitors - other monitor doesn't work either with my laptop

- changed the display options - no effect

- changed graphic card options (priorities, resolutions) - no effect

- updated graphic card drivers - no effect

- changed the input on monitor to HDMI - no effect

I am utterly clueless on what to do, it seems like the issue concerns strictly the laptop. I am an amateur when it comes to handling devices so any help will be very appreciated.

My laptop is HP Pavilion, i7-8565U, Intel UHD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, 8GB RAM

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

ok you posted a LAPTOP TO DESKTOP FORUM WHY?😂

ALL LAPTOPS MADE mostly all, have hot key to turn on the HDMI port (or the other 3 kinds if there)

on HP newer PCs Fn+F4 is it,  the icons on the key tell that, (auto, internal,external, both)  up to 4 choices.  pick external.?

NO SIG Means exactly that the port is dead. on the laptop.

as more are , to save BATTERY RUNTIME Life. (less chips active , less power drain) for sure. and super common

and auto mode can fail on any PC made, so we dont use that, if wise, folks running projectors know all this stuff.

do not hotswap the HDMI cable, boot the PC with HDMI to mon, connected as hot swap is not 100% perfect on vast PC and cables,  ok?

the answer is in your users guide of all laptops made by model.

NO PC told just laptop, it has  product ID#

Pavilion means zero to me,  name on vast laps and desktops.

what to do lacking true model

go to google

type  "HP pavilion module #xxxxxxxxx , manual)  put xxxxxx as real.

bingo read your manual  and search F4.  bingo.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

I posted in here because, all in all, the problem concerns the monitor - I'm sorry if I did wrong, did not mean to.

I also apologize for not being specific with product model, it's HP Pavilion 15-cs2012nc.

F4 button lets me cycle through display options (laptop screen only, duplicate, extend, second screen only) and as I mentioned, it does not help. Same thing is written in manual.

I already tried plugging the monitor in before turning laptop on and it doesn't work either.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.