Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2311x

My monitor has been working perfectly for using my xbox and nintendo switch, but all of a sudden it has been saying check video cable. I know its the monitor because my brother let me test it on his monitor and it works fine. The menu buttons haven't been working, and all the videos I looked at were with computers. does anyone know the solution? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @CallmeCorn,

I'd like to help!

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thanks, the monitor is an HP 2311x. it is an old monitor from I think 10 years ago I got it to use it with consoles and it worked fine until now.

HP Recommended

Please try performing a hard reset on your 2311x monitor;

1. Disconnect the power cord from the monitor.

2. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

3. Plug the power cord back into pc.

Let me know if this helps!

HP Recommended

It didn't work, I tried holding it for 30, 60, 60+ seconds and no luck

HP Recommended

Try the suggestions in the document -https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00061509

Let me know how this goes!

HP Recommended

All the solutions on that page were for pc, do you know any for console.

HP Recommended

I would request you to reach out to our HP Smart Friend Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Smart Friend Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.