Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
290-p0035xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will the HP 290-p0035xt computer support the newer wide monitors? With 2560 x 1080 resolution?

The Setup in Windows 10 for the monitor doesn't show anything greater than 1920 x 1080.
And MS sez that my current driver is the latest one.

Will the graphics card in this computer (UHD Graphics 630) support 2560 x 1080?

And where do I find the driver??

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@George97220

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  

To see video or high-resolution display output on an external Display you need to connect the monitor to the DisplayPort.

• For best results, especially if you choose the "Extend" option, increase the screen resolution of the external device, as follows.
  • Select the Start button, select the Settings icon, and then select System. Under Display, select the appropriate resolution, and then select Keep changes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Umm, the 290-p0035xt does not have DisplayPort. Only VGA and HDMI. 
The Samsung monitor I was thinking of buying has an HDMI input.
And that still leaves the problem of the driver for Windows 10. Isn't this something that HP would support, being as it's an HP computer and all?  The existing configuration options for monitors do not offer anything above 1920x1080.
What to do?

George
ex-HP    VCD, 1987

HP Recommended

@George97220

Thank you for posting back.

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

> HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

No, they can't.
Support at HP is almost impossible to contact.
I couldn't even get through to them when my computer was new and still under warranty.

That's just one reason I'm buying a Samsung monitor, not an HP.

Thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

@George97220

Thank you for remaining patient.

If you are having trouble navigating via the contact HP options, generally it is because either your product is Out of Warranty or you are trying to get support beyond the business hours and our business hours falls between 8 am to 6 pm EST. We also have an option to contact us via Facebook and Twitter in wake of exigency.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.