Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion All In One 23-q214
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Starting about 10 days ago, when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake.  The computer is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake.  The only way I can get the computer back on is to do a hard reset by holding in the power button, turning it off, then back on.  I've tried all the obvious fixes; windows updates, HP updates, unplugging, turning off sleep mode, making sure the keyboard is able to wake the computer in settings, virus scans, etc.  Nothing so far has worked.  Any suggestions on how to fix or what the problem may be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ToddC1,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that the computer is not waking up from sleep.

I’d love to help!

Follow the below steps to resolve this issue.

To resolve this issue, perform the following the steps:

Uninstall the Intel graphic driver, v22.20.16.4771 driver from device manager.

Uninstall:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Then download and install the driver from the below link and test.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82126.exe

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @ToddC1,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that the computer is not waking up from sleep.

I’d love to help!

Follow the below steps to resolve this issue.

To resolve this issue, perform the following the steps:

Uninstall the Intel graphic driver, v22.20.16.4771 driver from device manager.

Uninstall:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Then download and install the driver from the below link and test.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82126.exe

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This solved my problem!

HP Recommended

I have tried to hard restart it it will not wak up from sleep mode

HP Recommended

I have the exact same symptoms as described by the original post.

When I install the new driver, I get an error: This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

Do you have a driver that will work on my HP ENVY 15-u011dx x360 Convertible PC (ENERGY STAR)?

Product Number: G6T85UA#ABA

HP Recommended

The_Fossette,

My new HP Envy 750 514 has the same issue as ToddC1, my monitor will not wake up from sleep mode,  I have to shut it down maually and hope that it awakes, I tried what you said but I cannot find the Intel graphic driver, v22.20.16.4771, or any drivers. I just bought this 1 week ago, this is aggravating the time that it takes to get online, especially after spending so many $s, I want to take it back if this continues but I'd rather fix it if possible, I only have 4 days to return it.

Please help. Thanks...

HP Recommended
I also can’t get my monitor to do anything to even try your solution.
HP Recommended

Please confirm that hte solution you have provided is indeed going to work on a PAVILLION 23 monitor. 

HP Recommended

Hello The_Fossesette,

I followed the instructions for uninstalling the graphics drive in an attempt to get my monitor to wake up after the computer goes or is put into sleep mode. After downloading the link and atempting to  the new drive I guess it is,  I got a message that this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

Now I guess I am completely without a graphics drive although I'm not really sure what affect that is going to have on my computer's performance. I did just notice that when I go to shut down my computer, the option to put the computer in sleep mode is no longer there. Is this related to the graphics drive being missing? Would you happen to know what I should do now?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I tried this and I also have the HP Intel ENVY computer.  It says that my computer doesn't have the right kind of equiptment to be able to install and support the new driver you suggested

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.