Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen Desktop PC-880-160se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This computer was purchased new in March 2020 with Windows 10 Pro. My Graphics card is a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti Graphics (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated). The computer has one DVI and one VGA port. I have two Dell monitors and use a VGA-to-DVI adapter cable for one of them.
The monitors both work JUST FINE after I successfully Login to the computer.
My problem is getting to a Login screen.
* The first two times I turn on the computer in the morning, the Primary monitor will display the HP Omen logo and the secondary monitor will go into sleep mode.
* Usually on my 3rd power-up attempt, the Primary monitor will display the Lock Screen.
* I can also press [Esc], get to a Startup Menu and successfully get to the Lock Screen most of the time.
Trouble-shooting attempts that have had no effect:
* I have switched the Primary/Secondary monitor identifications in the Display Settings.
* I have switched the cables in the ports on the computer.
* I have tried leaving each of the monitors turned off when I power-up.
What can I do to successfully get to a Lock Screen the first time without going through Startup?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

CORRECTION:

The monitors are plugged into the Graphics card, NOT the computer.

There is no VGA port -- the adapter with the DVI cable coming from one monitor plugs into a DisplayPort.

The monitors are identical - same model #, manufacturing date, and serial numbers except for the last 4 digits.

The Lock Screen most often can be successfully displayed when only one monitor is connected to the video card (as opposed to just being turned off while still connected).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.