Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 27
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Since a couple of years when I leave my computer on all night or for several hours during the day.  Well I want to use it, quite often my screen goes into a weird mode where some of my bottom icon are missing or are doubled side by side,  My screen saver is gone too, the usual desk icon are there.  Here is the kicker everything that I point with the mouse suddenly disappear, icon on top or bottom tasking bar, icon on desk and even the pop up menu to turn off the computer???   So far my only option is to push and hold the on/off button, once done I wait a couple minute and restart my computer and 8 out of 10 this will resolve the situation.   Any idea, please help and if you do have a solution be kind and use baby step instructions...  From what I know all updates are done and there is no error message.    For info my graphics card is Intel (R) HP Graphics 4600.   Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Versys650 -- what happens if you press the "Windows" key (bottom-left of the keyboard), and then press the "up-arrow" key, and then Enter, and then "down-arrow", and then Enter. Does that trigger the normal Windows "shutdown" process?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.