Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23
Unknown

I have a HP Pavilion 23 All-in-one computer.  The computer powers on but the screen does not. Not sure if it is the wireless keyboard or not. I tried holding down the windows key and  the b key simultaneously, then powering the monitor again but there isn't anything on the screen.  Could it possibly be the keyboard?  Please HELP

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TW721
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • When was the last time it worked without these issues? Did you install/interrupt any updates recently?
  • What is the operating system?

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:   

Step 1: Remove discs and devices before troubleshooting startup issues

Turn off the computer, remove any discs and USB devices, then remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices such as printers, scanners, external hard drives, and similar devices. Remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer, except for the mouse, keyboard, and monitor. After you have removed all discs and devices, turn on the computer. What happens?

• If the computer starts, reconnect devices one at a time and restart the computer to figure out which disc or device is causing the problem. You are done.

• If the computer still does not start and exhibits the same problem, press and hold the power button to turn off the computer. Do not connect anything and continue troubleshooting.

Step 2: Perform a hard reset

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset." Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. Turn off the computer completely; disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

2. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

3. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

• If the computer starts, you are done.

• If the computer still does not start and exhibits the same problem, continue the troubleshooting.

Step 3: Troubleshoot computer startup issues

Read from the following list of symptoms. If you find a symptom that matches your computer's condition, follow those instructions. A link might take you to another support document that contains detailed troubleshooting steps. If you cannot find a symptom that matches your computer's symptom, see Step 4: Run Hardware Diagnostics testsCLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS. (By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.