Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP - P6547C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My screen has appeared 2 inches smaller on each side.  I have followed instructions online to fix it and they didn't work.  Have any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Tahoe53 

Some contents may have different ratio with your screen. Please try to hold down Ctrl key and hit + (plus sign) few times. What to you get ? You may loose top and bottom contents.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Could be a couple of things...

1. Perhaps the resolution has changed & it's no longer set to the native resolution of your screen. See if you can find out what the native resolution of your screen should be and check that is what Windows display settings is set to. Some common resolutions are 1280x1024, 1600x900, 1920x1080.

2. If you're using a VGA cable, sometimes the screen needs re-adjusting. Through the buttons on the monitor, find the 'Auto Adjust' setting and run that.

HP Recommended

I tried your suggestions. 

HP Recommended

H

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.