Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Been facing quite a lot of challenges recently. Installed a new windows last week, worked on motherboard today as it wasn’t turning on from connecting charger to a faulty socket. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi ,

Is your keyboard being detected? As from the sounds of it the trackpads connector is loose.

If you've worked on your motherboard , specifically your power side of things you may have overloaded the USB ports which could be why the mouse is not being detected. Does any other device you plug into this usb port work?

Kindest Regards,

Shineyhawkz
HP Recommended

The keyboard works fine. I got another mouse from a friend and this works fine. Yeah, I also believe the touchpad connector is loose. For now, I’m going along with the mouse, and all seems well. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.