cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Windowsxpfan
Level 3
41 5 1 5
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

NVIDIA Graphic Card Driver

HP Recommended
I recently installed Windows 7 on a science teacher computer and it has an NVIDIA e-GeForce2 MX TWV PLUS and its a AGP graphic card. I'm looking for the driver for that graphic card. It's an HP d530. I knows it's old but I'm trying to get the NVIDIA Driver to work so I tried that one NVIDIA driver on HP site and it didn't work. I tried in compatibility mode and didn't work. I tried manually to install and didn't work:( I tried NVIDIA Detecting Drivers tool and wouldn't detect it:( How can I get the driver to work so the computer can have better resolution?? Should I update the video BIOS too?? Any answers would be appericated:)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
145,089 68,650 22,841 35,023
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't know the specs on the cards other than I know they work on W7, because I installed two of each in 4 d530's and they ran W7 just fine for years.

I did not upgrade the power supplies, and never had a problem. 

I don't believe you can upgrade the P/S on any of those PC's.

I got the cheapest ones I could find at the time, which is why I didn't go with all of one brand or the other.

I think the 9600's are more available and cheaper nowadays.  They should have 128 MB of onboard memory.

Here's a 9600 for $13 bucks.

This will only work on the CMT.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATI-Radeon-9600-SE-128M-Video-Graphics-Card-AGP-102-A03509-10-DVI-VGA-S-VIDE...

If you have the SFF you will need to find a low profile model with low profile mounting brackets.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

That card is not compatible with windows 7.

You will not find a driver for it that will work (as you have already discovered).

You will need to replace it with a geForce 6200 AGP card or a Radeon 9600 AGP card.

You can probably find either card on eBay for less than $20 bucks.

If you want to remove the card, I will give you an Intel driver that should work passably for the onboard graphics.

Windowsxpfan
Author
Level 3
41 5 1 5
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ok, Thanks but how many watts does the Radeon 9600 or the GeForce 6200 require?? Do I have to upgrade the power supply or will the original power supply work with those cards??
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't know the specs on the cards other than I know they work on W7, because I installed two of each in 4 d530's and they ran W7 just fine for years.

I did not upgrade the power supplies, and never had a problem. 

I don't believe you can upgrade the P/S on any of those PC's.

I got the cheapest ones I could find at the time, which is why I didn't go with all of one brand or the other.

I think the 9600's are more available and cheaper nowadays.  They should have 128 MB of onboard memory.

Here's a 9600 for $13 bucks.

This will only work on the CMT.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATI-Radeon-9600-SE-128M-Video-Graphics-Card-AGP-102-A03509-10-DVI-VGA-S-VIDE...

If you have the SFF you will need to find a low profile model with low profile mounting brackets.

Rich25
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you please give link to the Intel driver that should work passably for the onboard graphics (d530 sff)

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation