Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Touchsmart 610-1065qd
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Recently on a cold boot(startup) the system displays "Default BIOS settings have been loaded due to BIOS update or checksum..." The BIOS date defaults to 12/15/2010. Updating the date in "Setup" does not hold with a new starup/cold boot - BIOS defaults to 12/15/2010.

I believe I need to replace the CMOS/RTC battery.  Cannot find a document on the HP Consumer Support Web site to replace the battery for my computer series.  Can someone please provide those detailed instructions. Thanks!!!

Regards,

RTW-1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Got it. Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@RTW-1

Sorry most of the time there is an RTC/BIOS battery removal and replacement video  but there is not one for your model???

HP TouchSmart 610-1000 Desktop PC series - 2. Service videos

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=5039931&MEID=A00C7066-E1F2-414B-8FE8-B902899D88B2

If you could double check please do I just do not see it???

REO

HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt response. Let me clarify my initial post. I need detailed instructions(video if available) for removing the black plastic cover of the HP Touchsmart 610 PC to access and replace the CMOS/RTC) battery.  I searched the HP web sites, but could not locate the info I need, other than HP recommending calling an Authorized Service Center to replace the CMOS/RTC battery. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@RTW-1

Then use the video link I posted to remove all covers.

REO

HP Recommended

Got it. Thanks for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.