Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 24-b253hk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can anyone tell me where to find and download the HID touchscreen driver(s) for my Pavillion  24-b253hk

Not sure where it went - but it is missing.

Tried the reset option - touchscreen drivers still missing

HP support not responding.

Appreciate any assistance.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey there! @DeanHK, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have touchscreen issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Is the touchscreen working in BIOS?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you need touchscreen drivers for your PC.

I have checked the records and found a touchscreen firmware for your PC.

Please update the firmware using this link.

Also, update the BIOS on your PC using this link.

If the issue still persists try the steps recommended below.

Go into Device Manager - Select Universal Serial Bus Controllers - Select Generic USB Hub Properties -( Under POWER tab: the one that  has "HID-compliant Device 100mA" attached) Power Management - UNCHECK-"Allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

If you have problems or not sure if it the correct HID-compliant Device, just look under the Driver Details and hit the drop down box to scroll through all those different labels until it clearly says "Touchscreen" under "Bus Reported Device Description"

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Perform a touch screen diagnostic test.

a.1: Plug the AC Adapter into the computer.

a.2: Press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds.

a.3: Turn on the computer and press the F2 key repeatedly.

a.4: When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen displays, click Component Tests.

a.5: Click Touchscreen.

a.6 There are two interactive touchscreen tests. Start by clicking Touch Pointer Test.

a.6 Read the on-screen instructions, and click Run Once.

a.7:  Touch each block to erase them the test ends when all blocks are erased or after three minutes have passed and results are displayed.

a.8 Click the main menu to return to the UEFI Screen and click the second test.

a.9:  Click Component Tests, and then click Touchscreen again.

a.10 Click Drag and Drop Test.

a.11: Read the on-screen instructions, then click Run Once again.

a.12: Drag and drop the blocks according to the screen. The test ends after all the blocks are repositioned, or after three minutes have passed.

Also, Try updating the graphics driver and BIOS on your PC using HP support assistant and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot touchscreen issues with your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Mr Robot

Thank you for your in-depth response – much appreciated – although it was not successful I believe you are nearly there.

Tried the firmware driver link – the update aborted as it said it was for Ilitek (I think) and exited.

BIOS update done.

Following your next steps under universal serial bus controllers I have 2 that are failed:

1 - Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Failed)

Driver provided by Microsoft, driver date 6/21/2006 Version 10.0.16299.15

Location – Port_#0007.Hub_#0001

Windows stopped the device because of problem – Code 43 – A request for the USB device descriptor failed

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&be35fb1&0&7 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_8087&PID_0AA7\5&be35fb1&0&7

Class Guid: {E0CBF06C-CD8B-4647-BB8A-263B43F0F974}

Location Path: ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(XHC_)#ACPI(RHUB)#ACPI(HS07)

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFF0003

Present: true

2 - Unknown USB Device (Set Address Failed)

Location Port_#0008.Hub_#0001

Windows stopped the device because of problem – Code 43 –  the USB set address failed

Driver provided by Microsoft, driver date 6/21/2006 Version 10.0.16299.15 (same as above)

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0004\5&be35fb1&0&8 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_222A&PID_010E\5&be35fb1&0&8

Class Guid: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}

Location Path: ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(XHC_)#ACPI(RHUB)#ACPI(HS08)

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFF0020

Present: true

I had also done a soft reset before contacting you.

Thank you 

HP Recommended

Hi Mr Robot

In the diagnostic tests - went into the test environment

The closest component test function was mouse/touchpad

There was no touchscreen test available

Thanks

HP Recommended

@DeanHK, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Try the steps recommended below to solve device descriptor failed error.

Disable Fast Startup
If Windows is booting quickly, the external device may not be detected before the boot is completed, then the problem will occur. In this case, disabling the fast boot option in Power Options can resolve the

problem.

1. Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog box will appear.

2. Type control in the run box and click OK button. This is to open Control Panel.

3. View by Large Icons and click on Power Options.

4. Select Choose what the power buttons do in left pane.

5. Click on Change settings that are corrently unavailable.

6. Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the box next to Turn on fast startup (recommended). Then click on Save changes button.

7. Restart your PC and see if the problem resolves. Note your PC will boot a little slower. 

Also, Change the USB Selective Suspend Settings

1. In Power Options, click on Show additional plans. (If you tried Method 2, you must know how to go to Power Options. If not, go back to Method 2 and refer the steps to open Power Options.)

2. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.

3. Select High performance and click on Change plan settings. 

4.  Click on Change advanced power settings. 

5. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.

6. Locate USB settings and expand it.

7. Expand USB selective suspend setting. Disable both On battery and Plugged in settings.

8. Click Apply button and restart your computer.

To solve set address failed error on your PC try the steps mentioned below.

1) Open Device Manager. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. 

2) Right-click USB Root Hub option and click Properties.

3) Go to Power Management tab and uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click OK.

If you have more USB Root Hubs, you need to repeat this operation a couple of times. Please remember to click OK after each performance.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps try performing a complete system recovery on your PC and check if the touchscreen works.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a system recovery on your PC.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

It is a hardware issue with your PC. Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Mr Robot

Firstly thank you for all the ffort you have put into responding.

Unfortunately the problem remains so i will call in a technician and see if they can help.

Again many thanks

HP Recommended

@DeanHK, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try running a system diagnostics on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

If the touchscreen is not functioning the system diagnostics screen. It is a hardware issue with your laptop.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Please mark my post as accepted solution if you feel I have answered your query.

Have a great day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.