Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Paxilion 790-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got this computer and with the covid-19 things going on I'm trying to keep interpersonal connections to a minimum so I am asking here instead of going back into the store I got it from. HDMI on the motherboard works fine. HDMI and DisplayPort on the graphics card aren't working at all. Monitor stays blank. The computer of course came with no kind of owners manual so maybe I'm just missing a switch or something I don't know. Any help that can be provided would be appreciated. The computer is an Intel i5 6 core with 8G. Graphics is Nvidia GTX 1650 with 4G. In case you couldn't tell, I'm a little in over my head here but I want to have full power from my PC.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DogmaticRapier I must let you know that this description of the device: Paxilion 790-0xxx is not specific enough, I'll need the entire model name, so I can verify the ports on your device and provide accurate information, check out below for details:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need! (examples mentioned below)

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, please check with alternate cables or another monitor to check if the HDMI and Display ports.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.