Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-17-2022 06:42 PM
I have a new HP All-in-One PC. If I have a second monitor attached via the HDMI, the PC will not boot. I need to disconnect the second monitor and reboot. One the PC is booted, I can attach the second HP monitor and it works fine. However, I do not want to have to disconnect the second monitor every time I reboot. I've never had this issue with any other PC or laptop.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-22-2022 01:56 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a boot issue with your HP Notebook PC. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Was there any recent update on the PC?
- Are all the drivers on HP Support Assistant up to date?
- If not please follow the document to update the drivers: HP PCs - How to Download, Install, and Use HP Support Assistant (Windows)
While you respond to that please try the below steps:
Update the BIOS & Video card drivers to resolve this issue
- Here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here
- Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates. If updates are available, install them
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned on this document: HP PCs - The computer does not boot or start
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community