Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - I bought an ASUS GEFORCE GT 710 graphics card and can not get it to work at all in the motherboard of my HP Pro 3500 Mini Tower motherboard, 696234-001.

Card is installed into the black slot that I beleive to be a PCI-E X16 slot. Windows does not see the card in Device Manager and NVIDA driver app keeps saying error, no device hardware found.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NickB2020 , welcome to the Community.

The first thing that I would check is to see if you have UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard/Legacy BIOS.  I am not certain that the Business computers are the same as the retail versions of the same age (2011/2012).  If the computer came with Win 8 originally, it may be UEFI.  If it is not UEFI this is the reason it is not working.  The GT 710 series require UEFI.  Here is the Illustrated Parts and Service Guide.  On Page 2, in the section titled "Graphics adapters" is a list of video/graphics cards not compatible with or compatible with Win 8.  As you will see, none of them is in the 700 series.  The 700 series cards were released in 2016.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.