Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
510-P131D
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello everyone! I have experience an issue in my HP 510-P131D. My monitor has no display after I restart my computer because of an update in windows 20H2. My VGA is active and I see my mouse cursor. However, my monitor is black. I have tried some troubleshooting but still nothing happened. How can I fix it? Please help me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ceslavie 

Most likely, the issue is that your HP video drivers are incompatible with Windows v20H2 -- as we are seeing more and more reports of this.

You need to use another PC and the instructions below to create a USB stick to boot your PC.  When you do that, it will boot into an older version of Windows 10.  If you see a graphical screen with no issues -- then it is a driver incompatibility issue.

If that is the case, you can try running HP Support Assistant to look for updated drivers.  But if that is not installed, or if that does not work, your only option is to UNDO the update -- and you do that in Windows Update looking to see if there is still the option to rollback to the previous OS version.

What I recommend is the following:
a) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
b) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD
c) Boot your PC from the MR media -- it will take a while, so be patient!

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ceslavie 

Most likely, the issue is that your HP video drivers are incompatible with Windows v20H2 -- as we are seeing more and more reports of this.

You need to use another PC and the instructions below to create a USB stick to boot your PC.  When you do that, it will boot into an older version of Windows 10.  If you see a graphical screen with no issues -- then it is a driver incompatibility issue.

If that is the case, you can try running HP Support Assistant to look for updated drivers.  But if that is not installed, or if that does not work, your only option is to UNDO the update -- and you do that in Windows Update looking to see if there is still the option to rollback to the previous OS version.

What I recommend is the following:
a) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
b) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD
c) Boot your PC from the MR media -- it will take a while, so be patient!

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.