Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 870-213w Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently bought a OMEN by HP 870-213w Desktop from a previous owner that refurbished it and when I tried to boot it up, no video was coming up on the monitor and none of the USB ports are working. Everything is powering up when I boot the computer (CPU fans, case fans, GPU fans, etc.) however all the troubleshooting I have tried so far has not worked. I know for a fact that the GPU works and I am confident the CPU is working fine as well. I tried contacting the seller but I am unable to send it back and I am out of options for trying to use and sort of warranty. I am almost certain I just need a new mother board (Odense2-K motherboard)  however I am having trouble finding one for a cheap price. So if anyone has some insight into something I am not doing or knows where to get an Odense2-K motherboard that would be very helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @S_tapia07

Are you able to boot into BIOS or F2 page from the PC?

Were there any recent windows updates on the PC?

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by a hard reset, which decreases the amount of power stored in hardware components.

1. Shut down the computer, then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the computer.

2. Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release it. The power light indicator might turn on briefly then go out.

3. Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the computer to confirm if the issue is resolved.

If you are able to boot into BIOS try the steps recommended below to restore BIOS to default.

1.    Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2.    Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3.    On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4.    Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5.    Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6.    Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Also, I would suggest you enable Fast Start-Up on the system and check if it helps. To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
2. Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
3. Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
4. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes. 
5. Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
6. Restart the computer.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot no boot issues with the PC. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, Thank you for responding !

Unfortunately I am not able to boot into BIOS or F2 page from the PC. None of the USB ports on the computer are working. I have tried plugging in different peripherals that I know all work on other computers but did not on the one I am having trouble with. I am also unaware if there have been any recent windows updates on the PC due to me recently purchasing this computer and still not being able to have anything at all come up on a monitor. I hope this information helps!

HP Recommended

@S_tapia07 The key that takes you to BIOS is usually F10, please try that, and if it doesn't work, I recommend performing a hardware test to identify the cause of the failure:

(Also, please connect you desktop to an alternate monitor to check if there's a video output before trying the below steps - if the alternate monitor doesn't work either, this is most likely a hardware issue with the motherboard as you've mentioned earlier)

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.