Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

No, I did not say the problem is solved.  It did not happen yesterday, but did today!

I am not impressed with the power supply connectors that HP uses.  I have had several HP notebooks who seem to use the same connector system.  Every time I would plug them in, there would be a spark.

My user (my wife) is getting frustrated.  Right now I would have to send it back and get another new monitor.  If I wait another 3 weeks, I would have to call HP service and get them involved.

What is my course forward?

Stephen C. Jackon
SCJ Consulting
HP Recommended

@scjconsulting
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It stopped working to day with the easy fix.  I looked at the male & female part of the system and it looks like the female hole is not deep enough for the plug.  I was able to get it to work again, but it falls out of connection to easily.  We are not moving the plug or monitor at all.  It looks like a design flaw.

Stephen C. Jackon
SCJ Consulting
HP Recommended

Since I have not heard from HP, I am going to return it to the vendor, which means they will send me a new monitor for the 4th time.  Hopefully, this one will finally work.  I wish they would just give me a credit.

Stephen C. Jackon
SCJ Consulting
HP Recommended

I tried those steps and still no luck. Monitor is connected via USB-B to USB-A on HP Elitedesk 800 G3 with Windows 10 1909. Windows sees the monitor, but not the webcam even when it is turned on. When trying to install the firmware upgrade it says the device is not connected.

HP Recommended

The Mini-In-One can switch between upstream sources (USC-C) for an HP mini or USB-B for another PC like a desktop. Make sure that the source matches how your PC is connected. Mine is on USB-B. The default (?) setting is USB-C. After switching, the PC started to recognize new devices (microphone and webcam). The video listed above was a real help (https://youtu.be/suiWqLAEf3g).

HP Recommended

@DaveD1973

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.