Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen HP 870-224 HP 25 monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a way to access the OSD menu without reaching behind the monitor to change settings?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Noah955,

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Monitor and it displays a message saying  "OSD LOCKOUT" . This message appears even when the monitor has not connected your computer. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I did some research and found the following information:

One of the following messages appears on the screen (over the items being displayed).

OSD Lockout

OSD Lock-out

... or similar message.

This message occurs when the Menu button on the front panel is pressed for more than 10 seconds. OSD lockout prevents the OSD menu from opening on the screen when a button is accidentally pressed.

NOTE: The button may be different and the procedure might vary on some monitors. Please check your monitor User Guide to find the exact procedure if this procedure does not work.

To remove the OSD Lockout message, release the Menu button (if something was pressing against it), and press and hold the Menu button again for about 10 seconds - until the message goes away. If the OSD Lockout message does not go away, the button may be stuck or the hardware behind the button might have become defective.

Please try a hard reset on the monitor:

• Power off the monitor.
  • Disconnect the power cable and display cable from the monitor.
  • Press and hold the monitor power button for 10 seconds and then release it. 

Meantime, let us try few button combinations and check if we can the OSD lockout message to go away.

• Press the Menu+Auto Adjustment buttons and check.
  • Menu+OK
  • OK+Auto adjustment

Let's hope one of the button combinations help.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, however my question is can you access the monitor menu without physically reaching behind the monitor to make changes.

Regards,

Noah

HP Recommended

Hi @Noah955,

Thank you for replying,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you would like to know if you can access the monitor menu without physically reaching behind the monitor, I'm afraid that is not possible. 

I hope this answers your question, let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Once again, thank you for your prompt reply. That was the answer to my question.

Bill

HP Recommended

Hi @Noah955,

Thank you for replying,

I'm glad to hear I was able to provide you with the information you were looking for. If you need any further please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.