Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
I really don't think we will get anything other than canned responses from HP. It's par for the course for publicly traded companies. What GPU do you have? Is it on the latest driver? I was using an rx580 on Windows 10.
HP Recommended

I don't have much experience with buying stuff from HP and their support system, but I'll certainly be using this experience to decide whether I will again in future. I'm still giving them a chance to sort this out. They could be working on a fix right now for all I know. We'll see I guess..

I'm also using an RX580 on W10. I've tried the drivers from November and the two releases since then. Same issue with them all.  The drivers aren't affecting how the menu on the monitor works though. The workaround is required whatever you're using..

Their technicians will be able to identify the issue with the info we've provided. It's just a case of whether or not they fix it now. The more people that message them about it, the better really. Sometimes it takes numbers to get companies to fix things. I did manage to speak to them via the support chat thing quite recently, not sure if I said already. There's been no follow up though, that's why I was hoping I'd get a message on here about it like I was told might happen by one of the forum staff.

HP Recommended

I got sent the message in the end so I replied to it with the relevant details. Let's hope it results in a fix. But as I said, I still think more people letting them know about the problem would be good.

HP Recommended

Bumpety bump!

Any news here - as it's been one month since the last post?

HP Recommended

Well after all my efforts,  it resulted in a generic email from HP telling me to phone the support line......... Anyway, I'm not able to phone them so I emailed back and then got a reply saying "this is an unmonitored mailbox. Your case has been closed". They really don't seem to want to deal with this problem properly. I've asked the forum staff if they can get my case opened again but I've heard nothing back yet.

This issue really needs more people pushing it though. Beyond posting in this thread, you guys could also message/phone support and push for this issue to get fixed as I am. If anyone else stumbles accross this thread and has the same issue - please post here too so they can see it matters! It  seems to be one of those things where it'll take a bunch of people reporting the issue to actually get it sorted.

And like I said, I'll use this experience to judge whether or not I should buy HP products in future. So far, not feeling too positive about that. They release a monitor with buggy firmware, then try and sweep it and us all under the rug when it's reported.

HP Recommended
I sold mine and moved onto something different. I won't be buying hp again.
HP Recommended

Pity, and as expected. From HP warranty:

Unless otherwise expressly indicated in the relevant Supporting Material, Support for
software bundled with the HP product does not include, among other things:
Generating or diagnosing user-generated programs or source codes;
Bug fixes or software repair ;
Interconnectivity or compatibility problems specific to third party products, including non-
bundled third-party software installed or used by Customer in connection with the use of
the HP Product ;
Installation of non-HP software products;
System optimization and customization; and
Network configuration.

Which can really be translated as: stuff yourselves.

Dear HP, you're not doing yourself any favour.

HP Recommended

Can't blame you for selling yours. This bug is annoying as hell having to do this workaround multiple times per day.

And if that's what the warranty for the monitor actually says, that's terrible. If that's really the case, I think that's sealed the deal for me on not buying from HP again.

Still, I spent a lot of money on this monitor and would like the bug fixed now that I have it. Let's not give up on getting it fixed!

HP Recommended

To be precise: This particular extract comes from HP warranty extension - I happened to read it but could not find OMEN 32 dedicated warranty quickly enough to make my point.

Still, I believe that HP extended warranty broadly matches manufacturer's warranty.

HP Recommended

Well either way, if they don't acknowledge and fix this bug, it's not a good thing. It's so easily reproducable and the workaround too. Them ignoring this just looks bad as we all know it exists.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.