Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 23-q255na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When the PC comes out of sleep mode, the screen is pixellated and the cursor is a square box. Can't do anything and I have to reboot each time. 

I have done all the recent automatic updates, and have updated the latest BIOS (ROM Family SSID 2B45) and the problem still persists.

I see it's a problem several people have reported but it isn't listed in the generic sleep mode fixes that people are directed to.

I work from home and this has cost me two days' work trying to fix it, so any help gratefully received.

Picture of the screen I get attached.

Many thanks 🙂

IMG_9568.JPGIMG_9569.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

The only thing I can think of would be to try updating the Intel and or AMD graphics driver.

HP Support has updates available for your product at this link.

The symptom looks like the graphics card is having a problem waking after exiting sleep.

Tom

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

The only thing I can think of would be to try updating the Intel and or AMD graphics driver.

HP Support has updates available for your product at this link.

The symptom looks like the graphics card is having a problem waking after exiting sleep.

Tom

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to reply Tom. 

I have updated the AMD graphics driver and restored the INTEL driver to a previous version (when I tried to install the driver listed at the link you sent it said my current driver was more up-to-date but decided to replace it anyway).

So far so good! I thought I had solved it once before but the problem returned, but twice now I have let the PC go into sleep mode for 10 mins or so and no pixellated screen when I wake it up 🙂 

I will come back and click on the solved link tomorrow if it's still good.

Thanks again,

Vick

HP Recommended

Hi VictoryV

You are welcome.

Sounds good. Hope you are good to go.

Solutions are nice but the primary objective is to assist with problems.

I really don't think it is a hardware problem. But you never know??

Tom

HP Recommended

All still working today 🙂

Thanks Tom

:cathappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.