Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23-b231

Hi.

I have an HP 23 All-In-One. I haven’t used it in a year or two, so it’s been neglected, but not abused.

I was going to give it to my dad, but when I went to power it up, the display didn’t come on. I’m not really hearing much clicking from the hard drive either. I replaced the battery and reset the CMOS. I tried the f10/f5 Blind BIOS reset. Nothing has worked.

what else can I try here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Audio_Trevor

This sounds like a hardware related issue,

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the display physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Audio_Trevor
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Turn off the computer, and then remove the power cord.

2. With the power cord disconnected, press and hold the power button for five seconds.

3. Reconnect the power cord, and then turn on the computer.

4. Repeatedly press the F10 key about once every second for five seconds after turning the computer on.

5. Wait five seconds.

6. Press the F5 key. This restores the default settings of the BIOS.

7. Press the Enter key. This accepts the changes.

8. Press the F10 key. This opens the Save and Exit window.

9. Press the Enter key. This saves the changes, exits the BIOS, and then the computer restarts.

10. After the computer restarts, the screen should display the HP logo.

• If the above steps have been tried at least three times and the screen is still blank (does not display the HP logo), the computer might require service.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So after closer inspection, it appears the display isn't even backlighting, so I'm questioning if it's getting power at all. It now looks like a bigger issue than just software or BIOS.

HP Recommended

@Audio_Trevor

This sounds like a hardware related issue,

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the display physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.