Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-xa0014
Microsoft Windows 11

Pavilion 27 bought in 2020. Worked fine, no issues ever. Went to wake it up this morning and the screen is black, no cursor, no blinking, nothing. Power light on side button is on, fan is running occasionally. It’s As though the screen is disconnected, black. On two restart tried there was an audible chime but it stopped. So- I Tried unplugging, hold power button 15 sec and restart- nope. Tried unplug/restart holding windows button and B to get to bios- nope. Tried unplug/restart with external monitor hooked up via hdmi- nope. Tried reseating the Memory cards and checking all connections then restart- nope. I’m hoping someone out there has a clue, because I’m out at this point. Thanks team. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ardo505 -- the two "usual suspects" are the external power-supply and the motherboard.

Can you find a friend/relative with a similar power-supply, and borrow it?

Some "big-box" consumer electronics stores sell a "universal" power-adapter, that you could try.

You might find a store with a "no questions asked" return policy.

Otherwise, it is the motherboard that has failed.  It is difficult to find a replacement, and expensive to fully disassemble your computer to swap-in the replacement.  Sigh.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.