Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27xi
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have a pair of Pavilion 27xi monitors, the only problem is Black Stretch settings in Image Control menu - my monitors did not remember those settings and allways reset them to default value when i restart the computer... Can You help me somehow, please?...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Igor-747

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I recommend you perform a factory reset using the monitor settings,

If you've already done that and yet the issue persists, Please Contact HP to have the monitor either repaired/replaced as this could be a hardware malfunction:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Igor-747

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand your monitor image settings are resetting to defaults by its own,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know that HP doesn't support MacOS as off now?

That said, Did you check with an alternate device with a windows interface? if the issue persists?

While you respond to that, I recommend you check with a windows laptop/desktop and check if it works without this issue and also, do you change the monitor settings using the software on your device or the physical monitor buttons.

Keep me posted,

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Sir, this is independent of Operation Sistem, this is inside monitor itself (in the right corner) of each Pavilion 27xi, left to the Power button, is tough sensitive area with monitor settings! Brightness, Contrast, Color, Image Control... Insight Image Control is Sharpness, Video OverDrive, Dynamic Contrast and Black Stretch... Black Stretch has four positions - Off, Low, Mid and High, those settings monitor did not remember it allways stay in Off position...

Kind regards

HP Recommended

@Igor-747

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I recommend you perform a factory reset using the monitor settings,

If you've already done that and yet the issue persists, Please Contact HP to have the monitor either repaired/replaced as this could be a hardware malfunction:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Keep me posted,

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank You very much, after resetting to factory defaults  it works like a charm!!! Good luck...

HP Recommended

@Igor-747

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards identifying and leading you towards the solution for this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that you accept my suggestions,

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.