Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
the monitor is fine for sure but it says no signal when I turn on my pc. The hard drive don't run I think either as the orange light don't flash nor do I hear it running. Only the fan runs. The keyboard light only flashes at the point when I push the power button. I use the monitor on other pc and it work fine. I can eject the DVD drive tho while the light power light is on. What's wrong, please help!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I have tried the steps. Resetting the bios. The keyboard light don't stay on after I press the power button which would indicate that those components aren't running. only 1 flash. I tried all the steps and still no display.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi dellyenergy,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Perhaps the steps in this HP Support document can help:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00899280

Let us know how it goes.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
I have tried the steps. Resetting the bios. The keyboard light don't stay on after I press the power button which would indicate that those components aren't running. only 1 flash. I tried all the steps and still no display.
HP Recommended
A lot of hp slimline main board were manufactured with a defect. Hp have extended watenty on these models that they have listed. I spoke to several online techs that eventrually deemed my pc as having such problem due to the problems that I described and the results of all the routine trouble shoot procedures that they asked me to carry out. There is a particular link that describes the situation, and that they have extended the waranty period for such models till dec 09. I got them send me a return box for me to get the part replaced. Pretty neet afterall. I can't post the link because I'm using my iPhone therefore can't copy the link.
HP Recommended

can i add a graphics card and if so what style do i get for it? will that help my problem?

HP Recommended

THE DEFECT IS THAT THE GRAPHICS PROCESSOR WILL OVERHEAT AND DESOLDER FROM THE MAIN MOTHERBOARD. THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO EITHER BUY A NEW MOTHERBOARD, RESOLDER USING FLUX WITH A HIGHER TEMPREATURE SOLDER WITH A SOLDER PLATFORM TOOL USED BY ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS OR TECHNICIANS WITH ADVANCED MICRO ELECTRONICS  BACKGROUND; AND LASTLY, TO SEND IT BACK TO HP TO FIX THEIR GARBAGE! TRY NOT TO BUY HP THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR TRASH! BEST TO HAVE A CUSTOM BUILD!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.