Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All in One Desktop 24-xa-1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Update auto for windows 10.  Microsoft Edge Browser and Chrome Browser.  When I play a video such as You Tube or streaming, there is a random audio popup that I never saw before.  Audio and video playback is distorted, skipping.  I like to listen to online radio streaming and can not now.  Same popup with sounds like buffering issues.

Troubleshooting shows Codec not installed.  Microsoft Store: bought the HEVC CODEC and still does not resolve issue.  Checked driver updates:  Current.  HP Diagnostics showed no issues.  I purchased RESTORO late last year and ran that application that fixed issues except the audio/video playback.  Can someone help me?  I would love to use my You Tube again and also stream my favorite internet radio stations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Okay everyone.  Found a great solution by a technician I know at work.

The pop up that is causing audio/video playback issues is the Windows 10 pop-up volume media control.  After the Adobe Flash Player was discontinued, web browsers have enabled this media control.

It was recommended that the VLC media player is far more superior than Windows Media Player.  Make sure your computer has HEVC Codecs installed.  Noticed these Codecs were never installed with my HP Computer.

To watch videos/sound in Microsoft Edge browser, you will have to disable the Windows 10 pop up volume control. You will have to do the same in Google Chrome. To Disable:

Edge:flags/#hardware-media-key-handling.  Disable. Exit Microsoft Edge bowser.

Chrome:flags/#hardware-media-key-handling.  Disable. Exit Google Chrome browser.

You can now use YouTube, Microsoft News Videos, Internet Radio, Facebook videos/sound without the annoying Windows pop-up volume control interfering.

Unfortunately, the Windows volume pop up still interferes with the Spotify App.  There are no settings to disable it.  

It was recommended that I change to Sound Cloud that uses your default media player (mine is now VLC) and is completely free.  

I have been working on this issue for five days.  I hope this helps others.  

HAPPY THAT I CAN WATCH THE NEWS, LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE WORKING/PLAYING GAMES ON MY PC.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Update:  Spotify updated and now I can not even listen to that.  Getting choppy playback with the same problem as mentioned above.  I have no idea what this audio popup player is that is causing this awful playback.  I have spent a lot of time and money trying to resolve this.  HP support is now a joke. I do not get to talk to a tech...only a robot that has me doing stuff I already did that did not work.   One of my co-workers suggested going to BestBuy Geek Squad (I bought the PC at BestBuy almost one year ago) and have them save and reset and reinstall.  I have already reset with personal files kept and that did not do anything.  Geek Squad wants $300.00.  I have also did step by step Fix Windows 10 Update Issues from HP Info.  Doesn't seem to help with this newest update.

HP Recommended

Okay everyone.  Found a great solution by a technician I know at work.

The pop up that is causing audio/video playback issues is the Windows 10 pop-up volume media control.  After the Adobe Flash Player was discontinued, web browsers have enabled this media control.

It was recommended that the VLC media player is far more superior than Windows Media Player.  Make sure your computer has HEVC Codecs installed.  Noticed these Codecs were never installed with my HP Computer.

To watch videos/sound in Microsoft Edge browser, you will have to disable the Windows 10 pop up volume control. You will have to do the same in Google Chrome. To Disable:

Edge:flags/#hardware-media-key-handling.  Disable. Exit Microsoft Edge bowser.

Chrome:flags/#hardware-media-key-handling.  Disable. Exit Google Chrome browser.

You can now use YouTube, Microsoft News Videos, Internet Radio, Facebook videos/sound without the annoying Windows pop-up volume control interfering.

Unfortunately, the Windows volume pop up still interferes with the Spotify App.  There are no settings to disable it.  

It was recommended that I change to Sound Cloud that uses your default media player (mine is now VLC) and is completely free.  

I have been working on this issue for five days.  I hope this helps others.  

HAPPY THAT I CAN WATCH THE NEWS, LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE WORKING/PLAYING GAMES ON MY PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.