Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 34-inch Curved All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it me or is there a protective film on my 34-inch monitor?  I ask so as to determine if I need to take it off or keep it on?

Sample Display Section

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @indianajones111,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know if you need to remove or keep the protective film on your 34-inch monitor.

You may remove it or keep it. If the screen is not clear then you may remove it. This film is just to protect the screen during transportation.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @indianajones111,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know if you need to remove or keep the protective film on your 34-inch monitor.

You may remove it or keep it. If the screen is not clear then you may remove it. This film is just to protect the screen during transportation.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Ok, I am committed to removing it.  However, I am having difficulty and this is what my progress looks like so far, as attached in the photo below.  Are you sure I can do this?  🙂

File Jun 29, 7 04 20 AM.jpeg

HP Recommended

Greetings @indianajones111,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello, i have the same problem managed to remove the protective cover

HP Recommended

should the protective film be removed on the screen?yesterday I got a new monitor on which corner is the slightly broken foil?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.