RickfromSRQ
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Replacing Graphics Card

HP Recommended
Nvidia GTX 745
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an older (5 years) HP Model 750-150xt equipped with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 video card HP Envy 24 monitor. Recently my screen and the programs that are running have been intermittently flickering with horizontal lines running across the screen.  I opened the case and reseated the video card, checked the HDMI cable running from the card to the monitor to make sure it was not loose and made sure that the graphics driver is up to date. I still get the flickering which lasts about 10-15 seconds then stops for a minute or two (sometimes as long as an hour.)  

Based on my research it appears that my graphics card may be ready to give up the ghost . If that's the case what would yo recommend that I replace it with? I don't do gaming, I do some light graphics work with Photoshop Elements, etc. 

I would prefer to not spend a lot on a graphics card as I will probably buy a new system in mid-2020. Thanks for your help. 

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 472 748
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RickfromSRQ Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to replace the graphics card.

Your product supports the following graphics cards.

• NVIDIA GTX 745 (DDR3) (4 GB)

• AMD Radeon R9 370 (GDDR5) (2 GB)

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (GDDR5) (2 GB)

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980Ti (GDDR5) (6 GB)

You could purchase the part from HP, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx 

And order it via the HP Parts store: https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx?mscssid=&ccode=ZZ&lcode=ZZ 

Or alternatively, Contact HP for setting up an order/service via phone support   

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation