01-13-2020 06:15 AM
My laptops brightness is too low I’ve tried the suggestions mentioned in the community. No change was made to the hardware recently.
01-15-2020 02:45 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the display brightness on your computer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.
If you continue facing the issue, then follow the steps in the below article.
1. Click Cortana search at the taskbar using the mouse.
2. Write the text Calibrate display color in the Cortana search box and click the same on the Start Menu.
3. On Display Color Calibration window, click Next button at the bottom to proceed further.
4. A new window called Set basic color settings appears on the screen. Again Click Next button.
5. Similarly, you get another window How to adjust gamma and click Next button to continue.
6. Adjust gamma window prompts. Set the gamma color settings by sliding up or down (as you prefer) the gamma sliders. When you drag the slider upward brightness of your desktop enhances and when pull it downward brightness decreases. This is the center step to adjust brightness so perform carefully. Press Next button.
7. Then you will see the Find the brightness and contrast controls for your display.Tap on Skip brightness and contrast adjustment if you want to avoid the adjustment of brightness and contrast.
Otherwise, you only click Next button to open the window How to adjust brightness.
8. In the How to adjust brightness window. Click Next button.
9. Use the controls of your display to increase or reduce the brightness until you clearly see the given picture. (There are many ways to set the brightness. You can do it with your keyboard keys, from the action center or from the Settings app also).
10. After adjusting the brightness, click Next button.
11. Now, you will be explained How to adjust the contrast. Click Next.
12. The following screen will tell you to use the contrast controls of your display to adjust the contrast. Well, presently there are no toggles to adjust contrast and also most of the laptops do not provide a key to adjust contrast. But if needed, you can set a high contrast theme. Read the below sub-points to set high contrast theme or go to point number 13.
- With the Ease of Access under Control Panel, you can choose a high contrast theme.
- So, when you are into the Ease of Access window, click Make the computer easier to see link.
- This takes you to another window where you can see High Contrast section. Now to set a high contrast theme, jointly press left Alt, left Shift and PrtSc keys.
- A separate dialog box of High Contrast will emerge asking for your confirmation. Click Yes and you can see everything changed into high contrast.
◾To get back to the previous settings of contrast theme, again press left Alt, left Shift and PrtScn keys.
13. Click Next button until you get the window called How to adjust color balance.
14. In the window How to adjust color balance, hit the Next button to go further window.
15. Here, you will notice another window Adjust color balance. In this window, you have the option to adjust the primary colors like red, blue and green by sliding these (right or left) with mouse according to your need. After you optimize the colors press the Next button.
16. Finally, click Finish button to save the current color calibration settings on your Windows 10 desktop.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee