Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hey I’m new to the community and seeking help My screen is broken think we all had that problem. As I ply my screen open it seems to not want to lift up I have the omen 27i with the big light inserted. Can I not take my screen all the way off ?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Nmakin -- Can I not take my screen all the way off ?

Hmm. If you have to ask that question, I doubt that you have the technical skills to do it.

YouTube has many "disassembly" videos for many computers -- hopefully including yours. Find & watch a few of those device-specific videos, to gain some information and confidence.

Also, HP's web-site may have a "Hardware Maintenance and Repair" manual, oriented towards computer technicians, that you should locate & read.

HP Recommended

I see you are an active user with knowledge. I popped the screen off actually an there are a bunch of white sheets, the stand has a built in led that is not removable which is making disassembling the product rocket science. If I buy replacement screen and pop it back in will it work?

HP Recommended

@Itsmyname

HP Recommended

@Nmakin -- If I buy replacement screen and pop it back in will it work?

Maybe. If I walk into an automobile tire store, and purchase the first tire that I see, it probably will not be compatible with my other tires.  My point is that you must be completely sure that you purchase the correct screen, and connect it properly.  This is kind of scary, unless you routinely do such repairs.

HP Recommended

that was a funny but accurate comparison may I show you the monitor then you determine the next step? I've done some research I don't want to kill it I paid 500 usd for it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.