Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought this today, screen is too dim even at max settings. I tried calibrating colors and using the intel graphics control panel but they either dont help at all or they make other colors look washed out

Hp Envy x360 Convertible 15m-dr0xxx

product number: 00325-96555-54143-AAOEM

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jsb333333,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Does the issue persist on the BIOS page?

Have you tried checking with an external monitor does the issue persist?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

If the issue persists on the BIOS page it is a hardware issue with the display.

If the issue does not persist on the BIOS page try updating the graphics, touchpad drivers and BIOS on the PC to the latest version.

Uninstall the graphics driver from device manager and install the latest version of BIOS,touchpad and graphics drivers on the PC using the HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant. Click Here

Also, Try running a system diagnostics test on the PC and check if the hardware components on the PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.

When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are

shown on the screen.

6. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) so you have it

available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in

Test Logs on the main menu.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot display issues with the PC. Click Here

Let me know how it goes!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.