Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy H8 1559
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ended up having this problem while trying to fix ANOTHER problem (that one was concerning the wifi card which couldn’t detect the wifi network). 

While  trying to fix the internet problem I used the HP virtual assistant to help me. The bot told me all the possible fix and none of them worked. After 30 minutes of troubleshooting with the virtual assistant it told me to try and reset the BIOS to the default setting. 

Following the steps provided by the bot, I opened the BIOS, found the option called « Reset to Default and Exit » or something similar, pressed YES. 

Then, the computer screen went black and I heard a beeping sound (6 short beeps) for a while and then nothing, the computer was on (I’m saying this because I heard the fan and from the LED on the power button) but nothing on the screen appeared. I tried shutting it down and rebooting it but nothing showed up... also tried to re-open the BIOS without any success. 

Note te the fact that I have some added hardware to my PC, more importantly a gaming graphic card.

In hopes of having image again haha (and maybe fixing my wifi card, but that’s another problem).

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TroubleSniper

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you perform a BIOS Recovery. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04126730

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.