Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-2000i
Microsoft Windows 11

Is it possible to add a second video card to the HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-2000i?  The model number is:  TP01-2255t.  I currently use the VGA port to run a sound booth monitor and the HDMI port to an SDI distribution to 4 TV monitors.  It would be nice to have a second monitor in the sound booth where the PC is sitting.  It apparently has slots for additional cards.

OR

I do own a GTX960 video card I'm not currently using.  Can I install this card along side the built in video on the motherboard?

Thanks for any info

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

here

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/186766/en-us

NVIDIA RTX / Quadro Desktop and Notebook Driver Release 510

Operating System:Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11

Quadro P600, Quadro P400

Drivers seem to be available, so that shouldn't be a problem on that side.
but maybe see directly with nvidia, for that

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello
You can install a graphics card, but it will not be a second graphics card per se, since you are using the integrated graphics
which is automatically disabled if a graphics card is added
you only have one pci 16x slot

You have a power supply of only 310w
your old card may not work

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c07496533

Motherboard Specifications

1 PCIe x16; 1 PCIe x1

310 W Gold efficiency power supply

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for the assistance.  Do you know of any video cards with three ports that might work?

HP Recommended

You will find examples here of compatible graphics cards

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-tp01-2000i/2100367767
take into account the model of the motherboard, and the power supply

It may be necessary to search then, because it is not indicated, the exact characteristics of the graphics cards

example

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-tp01-2000i/2100367767/document/c07776441

AMD Radeon™ RX 550 Graphics (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-tp01-2000i/2100367767/document/c07605291

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 1030 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

OK.  Thanks for the help.  I found one with four ports that requires less then 310 watts:

• 250 watt or greater power supply
• Single x16 PCI Express 2.0 expansion
slot
• Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8,
Windows 7, Windows Vista, All Versions of
Windows XP - Limited to 2 monitors. • •
• Card supports HDMI output only, VGA

Does this sound like it qualifies?

HP Recommended

give a link, which model exactly?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

This is proving to be a challenge.  Thank you for your assistance!  I'm looking still!

HP Recommended

Sorry I do not understand !
what model did you find exactly?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

hi

here

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/186766/en-us

NVIDIA RTX / Quadro Desktop and Notebook Driver Release 510

Operating System:Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11

Quadro P600, Quadro P400

Drivers seem to be available, so that shouldn't be a problem on that side.
but maybe see directly with nvidia, for that

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.