Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 27er 27-inch Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem very similar to this topic posted about two years ago.
To summarize, the problem started out fairly easy to fix- Monitor has something similar to a shadow over it (where one side darkens, the closer to said side the darker the screen) and I turn it off for a few minutes & turn it back on- it's fixed. However just got back after two days, and the shadow won't go away.

What i've done:
Factory Reset the monitor
Tested multiple monitors
Hard reset the monitor

I do not have another PC or computer to check this monitor on (To see if it is a graphics issue) however i've had this for a few months, so that shouldn't be a problem. Aside from that, I don't have a secondary power cable to test with or I would. If there is anything else I can try out to fix this, it would be appreciated- and i'll prioritize getting a second cable to try it out with.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Serpnt 

You posted this in Notebooks -- but you are talking about switching Monitors -- so I presume this is a Desktop, right?

Video artifacts like this are the monitor or the video card or both -- and since you have switched out monitor and confirmed the artifacts don't appear on the other monitors, then it is not the video card.

Since you've only had this monitor for a few months, You paid for free HP Tech Support as part of the warranty coverage, so you might as well make use of it.

Unfortunately, we are NOT HP Tech Support and we have no way to diagnose or repair your monitor, so while this monitor is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about troubleshooting and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet to check out the problems.

If they are unable to fix your monitor, then you need to explore what options you have to get it replaced under the warranty.
To contact HP Support Goto this page https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.