Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 27ES Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm currently connecting a Playstation 2 to this monitor via a component to HDMI converter. The monitor shows me the video source (PS2) but afte a few seconds a window pops up saying that the Input signal is out of range even though its working. 

It states Current mode: H=16.2 kHz V = 60Hz

Change Mode to: 1920 x 1080 60Hz

The problem is, the monitor is already set to 1920 x 1080 with 60Hz. The gameplay works and shows up but because of this error, the monitor automatically kicks me out to another input after showing this error for 30 seconds. 

In the monitor's menu, there's no "Mode" or resolution option to double check nor does the instruction manual go into any type of depth on how to change or modes. Ot only states that I can create a manual resolution if I want. 

This is very annoying considering I can see the PS2 gameplay but the monitor doesn't stay on the input. How can I resolve this issue? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@camonline

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you get the message-"Signal Out Of Range" while connecting the PS2 gaming console to the HP monitor,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you check with an alternate cable or another monitor to verify the issue?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

The message - "No Input Signal" is normal when the computer truly goes into sleep mode or loses the video signal (such as when the computer is turned off). However, if the monitor displays any of these messages when the computer should be displaying video, something is wrong. 

Check with an alternate video cable (HDMI or VGA) 

If the issue persists, try the below steps: 

The display's resolution used by Windows has probably been set to a resolution that cannot be used by the monitor. Use the following steps to see if the monitor can display screens from safe mode: 

1. Cycle the power on the monitor as follows: 

1. Turn off the monitor. The power light on the monitor should be off. Leave the computer turned on. 

2. Unplug the power cord. 

3. Wait 5 seconds. 

4. Plug in the power cord. 

5. Press the power button on the monitor to turn on the monitor. 

One of two things happens: 

• The image from the computer displays on the monitor and you can use the computer again. This indicates that the monitor was unable to detect that the computer had awakened from suspend mode. Turn the monitor off when it is not being used or disable suspend mode on the computer. For some computers, updating the BIOS can correct these types of suspending problems. 

OR 

• The power light on the monitor comes on but the screen displays one of the messages again. The monitor is not receiving a video signal from the computer that it can detect and use. Continue using these steps. 

2. If the computer is on, wait until the hard drive activity light on the computer is not lit and then press and hold the Power button on the computer case until the computer turns off. 

3. If the monitor has a factory reset or restores options, set it. Press the Menu button on the front panel and select Factory Reset. 

4. Wait 5 seconds and then turn on the computer by pressing the Power button again. 

5. Adjust the Windows display resolution to a setting that is compatible with the monitor. 

For more steps, Click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. 

Unfortunately, the issue still persists. Ultimately, the monitor will show the gameplay source. It comes up on the screen. But even though it does show the gameplay source the message pops up and after 15 seconds or so, it forces the monitor to switch back to my desktop PC. So the issue isnt that the signal isn't reaching or showing up on the screen - its that the monitor doesnt like the range. 

I checked and made sure my PC settings were at 60hz as well but still no dice. All HDMI and Component cables are functioning or else I wouldn't have gotten any signal at all. 

HP Recommended

@camonline

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand your concern, however, to identify the issue we must have this monitor connected to another source

or have another monitor connected to the same source,

If the issue persists on the alternate monitor as well, you may want to contact the manufacturer of your PC/PS2 (Sony),

However, if the issue doesn't persist on the other monitor but does on your HP device I recommend you Contact HP to have it either repaired/replaced:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Was a resolution found to this issue? I am facing the same issue with my HP 24 ea monitors. 

HP Recommended

I had the same issue and none of the steps presented above solved my problem. I restarted and reset and disconnected and tried everything on the menu.

In my case, I have a Windows 10 laptop that displays 1920 x 1080, hooked up to an HP L1945wv monitor that displays 1440 x 900, so I have two screens.

However, I was able to solve it by doing this:

1. Right click desktop

2. Display settings

3. Multiple displays -> select Only show on Monitor 2 (the HP monitor)

4. Choose to keep the changes

5. Go back to Multiple displays  -> select Only show on Monitor 1 (my laptop monitor)

6. Choose to keep the changes

7. Go back to Multiple displays -> select Extend these displays

8. choose to keep the changes

For some reason, at step 8 the monitor displayed correctly again, and it was no longer popping the "Signal Out of Ranger" error.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.