Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Stand | HP Pavilion 24XW | L5N91AA

HP Recommended
Pavilion 24XW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear hp community,

In 2015, I bought an HP Pavilion 24XW. Through the years the colour of the stand turned from white to yellowish. The monitor is used in a non-smoking room.

Is it possible to replace the stand with a new, white one? If so, where can I get in Germany? Or is it even possible to "clean" the yellowish plastic part of the stand?

Thanks for any advise and all the best from Germany,

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,940 4,874 538 2,142
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
There is a service at Hp to find parts.
Unfortunately there is no positive result!
After given the age of the screen, the difficulty to replace, if it is possible, the cost etc, I think it is not a good option!

The only solution, but I don't think it's easy either, would be to repaint it with a special paint!
The monitor can work for a long time, I wish you, but given its age, I would advise you not to make big expenses!

[edit]

You should also try to research
It is not easy because I am in France, we use English here, and you are from Germany.
So, I do not know if it is valid, there are probably risks, so if you test, try first an invisible part, and on a very small portion (place or no high risk for the screen if possible )
I just thought therefore that with sodium bicarbonate can be ..
And actually there are results using google
Do some research, I used in keyword: "how to make return the yellowed plastic", google fr!
after I do not know what it can give as a result with your screen, do not take any risk anyway!

https://www.google.com/search?hl=fr&source=hp&ei=PTjyXpC6CZvMgwfC4qKIAQ&q=comment+faire+revenir+le+p...

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,940 4,874 538 2,142
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
There is a service at Hp to find parts.
Unfortunately there is no positive result!
After given the age of the screen, the difficulty to replace, if it is possible, the cost etc, I think it is not a good option!

The only solution, but I don't think it's easy either, would be to repaint it with a special paint!
The monitor can work for a long time, I wish you, but given its age, I would advise you not to make big expenses!

[edit]

You should also try to research
It is not easy because I am in France, we use English here, and you are from Germany.
So, I do not know if it is valid, there are probably risks, so if you test, try first an invisible part, and on a very small portion (place or no high risk for the screen if possible )
I just thought therefore that with sodium bicarbonate can be ..
And actually there are results using google
Do some research, I used in keyword: "how to make return the yellowed plastic", google fr!
after I do not know what it can give as a result with your screen, do not take any risk anyway!

https://www.google.com/search?hl=fr&source=hp&ei=PTjyXpC6CZvMgwfC4qKIAQ&q=comment+faire+revenir+le+p...

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation