Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP t630 Thin Client

Hi!

I'm going slowly mad trying to set up my T630. Win11 has installed just fine, and I've downloaded and installed all the latest drivers from the HP Drivers & Downloads page but for some reason I am getting errors on the Graphics and Firmware device drivers (pics attached). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 08.20.42.pngScreenshot 2024-03-24 at 08.20.33.png

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no fix for the graphics.

It did the same thing on my T630 and it had worked great on W11 21H1

Then one day, an update came to W11 22H2 about 6 months into my using it, and an update occurred which knocked out the AMD Radeon graphics.

I tried everything...uninstalling the device, manually installing the W10 graphics driver.  Nothing worked.

So, I went back to W10.

The firmware thing...Microsoft had an automatic update to that device.

Right click on the device, click on the driver tab and see if you can roll back the driver.

If you can't, right click on the device, select Uninstall and check the uninstall driver box, restart the PC and the device should install without the warning.

Then run the Hide Windows update utility that I zipped up and attached below to prevent that firmware update from installing.

The utility will run and should find the pending firmware update waiting to install.

Check the box to hide the update.

The utility will run again and report the problem is 'Fixed.'

Close out of the utility and restart the PC.

This driver will also install on W10 too, and mess up the Firmware device.

I was going to try to update from W10 to W11 23H2 on my T630 to see if Microsoft fixed the graphics driver issue, but you just saved me a lot of unnecessary work because apparently, they haven't.

HP Recommended

Thanks, so, as it happens what I needed to do was roll back BOTH drivers.

I hadn't done this before so here's a walkthrough for anyone else having this issue ...

1. Right-Click and select "Update driver"

2. Select "Browse my computer for drivers"

3. Select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

4. Note that there are multiple versions of the driver listed .... in my case I picked the oldest for both the Graphics and the Firmware.

5. Voila! The drivers work 🙂1122334455

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That's great news and thanks for letting us know how you fixed the problem.

I thought I had tried that before but maybe not.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm letting you know that I was able to get the graphics driver to work in my t630 as well.

But I had to put in a little more effort than you did.

First, I had to clean install W11 because my PC would not do an in-place upgrade from W10>W11 like I was able to do using my 'W11 hardware check bypass hack' flash drive that lets me upgrade almost any unsupported platform from W10>W11.

I've only had that happen on 2 out of 14 different PC's I have used it on.

Thanks to your screenshot, I noticed that your PC had a graphics driver from 2016 (the oldest one).

I only had the option to roll back to the 2020 ones and the one from 2018 on my PC.

All of those rollbacks produced the same error.

I was about to give up when I decided to take a shot at seeing if that 2016 driver was on the Microsoft Update Catalog website, and lo and behold, there was one from 7/20/2016...page 4 on the link below.  The 64 bit one is the 232.9 MB file.

Microsoft Update Catalog

So, I uninstalled the graphics drivers and brought the graphics adapter back to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

I used 7-zip to extract the driver from the cabinet file, so I could manually install it.

Then I went to the device manager, clicked on the Microsoft Basic display adapter, clicked on the driver tab, clicked on update driver, selected the 'Browse my computer for drivers,' then selected the 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer,' clicked on Have disk and browsed to the driver setup information file in the driver folder and the driver successfully installed.

So, if it wasn't for you posting this question and having that screenshot, I would have never tried to update my t630 to W11 again because I thought it was unfixable.

So, I guess I must have tried to roll back last year to the drivers I had available, and now I know why it didn't work.

Needless to say, I saved that graphics driver file, so if I ever have to clean install W11 again, I can do it in a jiffy.

I also got the firmware error but that was easily remedied as you know.

Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.